Substitute teacher information
To become an ABE substitute teacher at any of the Anoka-Hennepin sites you need:
- A current Minnesota teaching license or a Minnesota short term sub license.
- A current online application on file with Anoka-Hennepin Schools.
- Contact Molly Liberto, Metro North ABE supervisor, for an initial interview at 763-433-4201 or email Molly.Liberto@ahschools.us.
- Depending on the initial interview, reference checks, and location interest, you may be asked to meet with other ABE supervisors.
- Depending on your experience you may be asked to visit classes to familiarize yourself with our program.
If you have no experience teaching adults you will also need to:
- Attend training for working with adults, which will be provided by Metro North ABE. This training is held one night a month for volunteers coming to Metro North ABE to work with adult students. The training includes general information about successfully working with adults.
- Each location has a different schedule.
- We offer morning and evening classes Monday – Friday year round.
- Because we do not typically offer a full day of classes, we generally do not need to hire substitutes for a full day.
- Subbing jobs can range from 2.5 – 4.5 hours depending on the class.
- Sites and classes have varying start and end times.
- We offer our substitute teachers 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after class as paid time.
Metro North ABE supervisor
How to apply at an Anoka-Hennepin Schools ABE site
Find and apply for Anoka-Hennepin Schools ABE positions online.
How to apply at other Metro North ABE sites
For employment information in Elk River, St. Francis, and Centennial/Circle Pines please visit their website.