Per Executive Order 20-41, all Minnesota public schools will be conducting all classes in a distance learning format through at least June 9. Currently, Metro North ABE does not have a scheduled date to re-open in-person programming. Teachers, staff, and volunteers continue to work hard to provide distance education to serve students and help them achieve their goals. Starting in May, Metro North ABE will be providing a new process for accepting new students. Adults who want to start in a distance learning program should fill out an online interest form. Metro North ABE staff will then contact them with information and the next steps to enroll.
Diploma programsMetro North Adult Basic Education (ABE) has helped hundreds of adults finish their high school diploma. Currently, Metro North ABE offers adult diploma programs at two locations:If you are thinking about finishing your diploma as an adult, our staff encourage students to consider:
Once you enroll, an adult basic education teacher will meet with you to discuss graduation options based on your unique situation. An advisor will work with you during the entire process to support you on your path to graduation and beyond. Adult diploma students enrolled in the Metro North ABE program can expect:
- How many credits you have to complete.
- If you have time to attend classes regularly.
- If you have time to study and complete course work at home.
- How soon you would like to complete a diploma program.
- If a GED diploma would be faster to earn to enter post-secondary training more quickly.
- High school transcripts will be analyzed to determine what credits are needed.
- To set short- and long-term goals toward completing your diploma.
- To attend classes regularly.
- To create a professional resume, online portfolio, and complete a digital literacy certification.
- An invitation to participate in an annual graduation commencement ceremony hosted by Metro North ABE.