Following the current executive order from the state of Minnesota to stay at home, all Metro North Adult Basic Education (ABE) sites will be closed to the public. There will be no in-person classes, intake, assessment testing, or GED testing until May 5, 2020, to assure the health and safety of students, teachers, staff, and volunteers. As information regarding the COVID-19 situation changes often, we will continue to update our announcements and programming to best serve our community.
- Any adult interested in starting classes with Metro North ABE should fill out our online interest form. When classes start again you will be contacted with updated information based on your interest.
Metro North Adult Basic Education (ABE) is a consortium of eight community education programs which offer free ABE classes for adults ages 17 and up at nine locations across the north metro area. Students may select the location that is most convenient for their schedule based on program offerings, educational needs and goals.
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College
- Anoka Technical College
- Blaine Learning Lab
- Brooklyn Center Lutheran Church of the Master
- Centennial Adult Continuing Education
- Columbia Heights/Fridley Adult Education Center
- Elk River Community Education Center
- St. Francis