Become a studentCurrently, Metro North ABE is offering distance learning classes. Some locations may add in-person classes when they are safely able to. Adults who want to start should fill out an online interest form. Metro North ABE staff will then contact them with information and the next steps to enroll.Students may start class at any time throughout the year. Classes are offered year-round during the day and evening. Classes offered can help students:
- Improve basic reading, writing and math skills
- Earn a high school diploma or GED
- Learn and improve English language
- Prepare for college or training program
Teachers are trained to work with adults and all materials are designed to help the adult learner meet their goals. Students will have opportunities to work in groups and independently. Learning is done in a distance learning format. Some locations will add in-person time when they are able to safely do so.
How do I start classes with Metro North ABE?
- Decide which location you want to work with and fill out an online interest form.
- You will be contacted for the next steps in enrollment which may include filling out an entry form and assessment testing.
- Start classes and work toward your goals.
Who qualifies for free ABE/ESL classes?
- Must be 17 years old or older (some classes may have an older age requirement)
- Not enrolled in a K-12 program
- Have an academic goal
- Live in Minnesota
- Some classes may have minimum assessment score requirements