Many Metro North ABE sites offer distance learning to brush up on basic skills on-line at home. You can study at home, any time of the day for free!
- Do you want to prepare for the GED, brush up on English, Reading, Writing, or Math skills from home?
- Do you have a computer with Internet?
- Are you able to spend 5 hours a week studying?
If you answered YES to all of these questions you maybe eligible to enroll in our on-line program designed for adults to brush up on skills using on-line materials and the support of a trained teacher.
STEP 1: Enrollment
- Please contact Metro North ABE to start.
- Complete enrollment forms and assessment.
- We have enrollment times both day and night.
- If you need to improve your reading or computer skills before enrolling in the on-line prep, free instruction options will be explained to you.
STEP 2: Study on-line
- You will have unlimited access to study materials.
- Your teacher will review the lessons you submit.
- Your teacher will give you feedback on your work and offer encouragement and advice on your progress.
- As long as you meet the requirements for activity on your on-line account, progress and testing, you will have access to your on-line account.
STEP 3: Progress testing
- Distance Learners will be required to come in for progress testing.
- Testing will be scheduled based on amount of lessons completed or time spent studying.
Metro North ABE
Adult basic education