Prepare for the US Citizenship test
Metro North Adult Basic Education (ABE) offers free U.S. citizenship classes several times each year for learners who want to prepare to take the citizenship test. Online study opportunities are also available for students who prefer to study online. The program is free of charge to current Metro North ABE students.
- Get information about becoming a U.S. citizen
- Learn U.S. History and Government
- Tips on filling out the application
- How to connect with local immigration legal services
- Practice for the citizenship interview
To qualify you must:
- Be a registered Metro North ABE Learner
- Have updated placement tests
- Meet minimum reading score
Classes will be hosted by the Columbia Heights/Fridley Adult Education Center.
Citizenship Class - Beginning LevelFriday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.September 9 through November 18(no class on October 21)4111 Central Ave NE, room AColumbia Heights, MN 55421
Citizenship Class - Intermediate levelMondays 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.August 28 through November 13(No class on September 4 or October 15)Classes are online
- Current Metro North ABE students call 763-706-3833 or tell your teacher to sign up.
- Those not currently attending can call 763-706-3833 to sign up.
- Registration includes a reading test
Please call 763-706-3833 or email Karalee.Cin@ahschools.us
Contact Columbia Heights/Fridley Adult Education Center
Columbia Heights/Fridley Adult Education Center
4111 Central Ave NE
Columbia Heights, MN 55421