Work Readiness for HealthCare Careers
You can get a job in Health Care! This free online class will prepare adult learners for a job as a Direct Support Professional (DSP), Caregiver, Personal Care Assistant (PCA), Patient Care Aide, Resident Care Assistant or Home Health Aide.
You will learn skills in:
- Cross-cultural competence and communication
- Confidentiality and critical observation
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Problem solving, and technology
- Resume writing and interviewing
Course Outline and Student Responsibilities:
Course is 40 hours. 20 hours will be online class. 20 hours will be homework. You will have 1-2 hours of homework each week. You will earn a certificate when you have completed the course.
Adult Education Center - Columbia Heights/Fridley
4111 Central Ave NE, South Building
Columbia Heights, MN 55421
Online Class Schedule
Saturdays, September 25 - December 11, 2021
9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Includes 1-2 hours of independent homework each week
This class is open to current students in levels 3, 4, 5, and 6 or new students who attend testing and have an eligible reading score
- Current Metro North ABE students can tell their teacher they want to sign-up.
- New students can call 763-706-3833 to set up an appointment to enroll.