Become a studentContact Metro North ABE if you would like to learn how to become a student.Students may start class at any time throughout the year. Classes are offered year-round during the day and evening. Classes offered can help students:
- Improve basic reading, writing and math skills
- Earn a high school diploma or GED
- Learn and improve English language
- Build job skills
Teachers are trained to work with adults and all materials are designed to help the adult learner meet their goals. Students will have opportunities to work in groups and independently. Learning is done in the classroom, on the computer and online. Most sites offer basic computer training during class time.
How do I start classes with Metro North ABE?
- Decide which location you want to go to.
- Attend intake where you will fill out paperwork and do assessment testing.
- Start classes and work toward your goals.
Who qualifies for free ABE/ESL classes?
- Must be 17 years old or older (some classes may have an older age requirement)
- Not enrolled in a K-12 program
- U.S. Citizen, immigrant, or refugee
- Have an academic goal
- Some classes may have minimum assessment score requirements
Metro North ABE
Adult basic education