Following the current executive order from the state of Minnesota to stay at home, all Metro North Adult Basic Education (ABE) sites will be closed to the public. There will be no in-person classes, intake, assessment testing, or GED testing until May 5, 2020, to assure the health and safety of students, teachers, staff, and volunteers. As information regarding the COVID-19 situation changes often, we will continue to update our announcements and programming to best serve our community.
Classes that will be available when Metro North ABE reopens to the public: to receive updated information fill out the online interest form.
Many Metro North ABE sites offer distance learning to brush up on basic skills on-line at home. You can study at home, any time of the day for free!
- Do you want to prepare for the GED, brush up on English, Reading, Writing, or Math skills from home?
- Do you have a computer with Internet?
- Are you able to spend 6 hours a week studying?
If you answered YES to all of these questions you maybe eligible to enroll in our on-line program designed for adults to brush up on skills using on-line materials and the support of a trained teacher.
STEP 1: Enrollment
- Please contact Metro North ABE to start.
- Complete enrollment forms and assessment.
- We have enrollment times both day and night.
- If you need to improve your reading or computer skills before enrolling in the on-line prep, free instruction options will be explained to you.
STEP 2: Study on-line
- You will have unlimited access to study materials.
- Your teacher will review the lessons you submit.
- Your teacher will give you feedback on your work and offer encouragement and advice on your progress.
- As long as you meet the requirements for activity on your on-line account, progress and testing, you will have access to your on-line account.
STEP 3: Progress testing
- Distance Learners will be required to come in for progress testing.
- Testing will be scheduled based on amount of lessons completed or time spent studying.
Metro North ABE
Adult basic education