Prepare for the US Citizenship test
Metro North ABE has received a grant as part of a collaborative project with MidMinnesota Legal Aid (provides naturalization preparation legal assistance) to provide free citizenship classes for anyone that qualifies. Metro North Adult Basic Education (ABE) offers free U.S. citizenship classes several times each year for learners who want to prepare to take the citizenship test. Online study opportunities are also available for students who prefer to study online. The program is free of charge to current Metro North ABE students.
- Get information about becoming a U.S. citizen
- Learn U.S. History and Government
- Practice for the citizenship interview
To qualify you must:
- Be in the process of getting your citizenship
- Be a legal permanent resident
- Provide documentation of your eligibility
- Meet minimum reading score (attend a registration and testing session)
Upcoming class at Adult Education Center
Brooklyn Center - Lutheran Church of the Master
1200 69th Ave N
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- June 25, 2019-July 25, 2019 (no class July 4)
- 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Attend a registration on June 11, June 18, or June 25 at 9 a.m. or 5:30 p.m.
*Registration includes a reading test
For more information or to enroll, contact us at 763-706-3833.
Metro North ABE
Adult basic education
Contact Columbia Heights/Fridley Adult Education Center
Columbia Heights/Fridley Adult Education Center
4111 Central Ave NE
Columbia Heights, MN 55421